Pic unrelated, but I was proud of this pic I took (while writing outside) of a tiny spider. Guy is red like Spiderman, and about the size of a grain of sand.
So publishing. I’ve been thinking how I want to strategise it out, and thought I’d share the game plan, hopefully for the benefit of all:
– Professional cover art (read as: paid talented artist, not your mate Bob with crayons).
– Possibly put name of swanky editor on cover / in blurb, to let people know it has been extensively worked over. Find swanky editor and ply with bourbon.
– Free deals upon release, with medium price point for the majority of time after that, because if I don’t value my work who will? I can do competitions for freebies later (woohoo!).
– Author name taking up as much of the cover as the outer bounds of sanity permit, to create D.R.Sylvester brand / thingy.
– Aim for five million downloads on publication day, to get a decent Amazon ranking.
– Book trailer when I get around using Flash.
– Free short stories section on blog (working on it).
– Polish it until the shine burns my retinas, then submit for review in Awesome Indies
Thoughts? Suggestions? Song requests?
In other news, my hero just rode a very angry dragon into a hedge. I’m loving this whole writing thing.